Friday, April 8, 2011

OH BALLS, YVETTE! NOT OLD NICK!


I have been doing some research into Laura Norder.


I thought it would be interesting to find out the Labour Party’s thinking on certain issues and as Yvette Cooper is the Shadow Home Secretary I Googled her name.

Her own website came up which told me nothing I didn’t know already.

So I checked out Facebook and found Fans of Yvette Cooper.

Well the page looks official enough. It has her biog and a link to her own website. However it appears poor Yvette has only three friends.

Now don’t get me wrong it is not the number I refer to. Many of us would be happy to have three friends. For a politician I would imagine such a high number is a rarity.

No my only issue with Yvette is the company she keeps. As you probably know Yvette Cooper is also Mrs Balls – easy to see why she kept her maiden name. Husband is Shadow Chancellor Ed – recently described by the prime minister as the most annoying man in the House of Commons. When you consider what riff-raff reside there that’s no mean achievement.

So I accept that Mrs Balls might find friends hard to come by – but is Nick Griffin really one of her three friends?

Nick Griffin is I am sure you know the leader of the odious BNP – Britain’s far right gang.

Click on Nick’s ‘Activities and Interests’ on his Facebook page and you find listed: Gordon Brown, Labour Party, The Labour Party, Kerry McCarthy MP Twitter Tsar, Ed Balls, Ed Balls, Peter Mandelson. Curiously Yvette’s husband features twice so she is in good company.

How does that old saying go – a person is known by the company he or she keeps.

Indeed! I think its time Yvette reviewed her Facebook friends. Remove Old Nick and you might even get a few more!


No comments: